Cognitive Behavioral Treatment (CBT)
- Effective for a range of problems
- Leads to improvement in quality of life
- Based in strong empirical support
- Skills to last a lifetime
What is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)?
CBT is an evidence based therapeutic approach that emphasizes these core principles:
- How you think and what you do affect how you feel
- We have the power to change what we think and what we do
- CBT involves learning skills for challenging and changing thinking patterns and behavioral habits
Clients will learn to recognize unhelpful patterns in order to improve well-being. Different from traditional talk therapy, CBT is a skills-based, solution-focused intervention that is time limited and proven to work. Therapy is interactive and requires between session activities, homework, and practice of skills.